OTTAWA 2001 - Unveiling of the
Bruyère Centre for Immigrants
Catholic Immigration Centre
Mission: "To welcome immigrants and refugees and to build a more welcoming community"
The Catholic Immigration Centre (CIC) has been serving immigrants and refugees in the Ottawa-Carleton region for 52 years. It is a community-based non-profit, charitable organization.
- temporary shelter and housing assistance to incoming refugees and homeless immigrants;
- orientation, settlement and integration services to newcomers;
- Canadian friends for newcomers;
- connections for newcomers with their faith communities;
- help in organizing sponsorship of refugees;
- housing search and eviction prevention support;
- employment-related services to newcomers;
- assistance to foreign-trained professionals; and
- assistance to the Ottawa Police Services in improving relationships between the Service and immigrant communities.