The Catholic Immigration Centre (CIC) offers a number of free services to help newcomers to Ottawa adapt and integrate into their new environment.
CIC’s Settlement Program includes the following services:
CIC offers crisis intervention and short-term supportive counselling for newcomers who experience problems adjusting to life in Canada.
Information and Orientation
CIC offers practical guidance and advice to help newcomers adjust to their new life in Canada. This includes guidance on topics such as essential transportation, housing, education, language classes, employment, health, shopping and budgeting, nutrition and legal services.
CIC links newcomers with community resources and services such as housing, education, health, cultural, educational, recreational, legal and others.
Interpretation and Translation
CIC provides oral interpretation or written translation related to essential or immediate settlement needs for newcomers with a limited capacity to speak English or French. CIC’s counsellors speak more than 30 languages.
Other Settlement Services Offered Include:
- case advocacy;
- assistance with applications/documentation;
- employment counselling;
- income tax clinics;
- immigration issues; and
- peer group support.
- women, youth, and seniors programs;
- community facilitator services;
- Housing Support program;
- Internationally Trained Physicians program; and
- Internationally Trained Legal Professionals program.
Community Outreach Activities:
- partnership programs with community organizations;
- workshops for newcomers in different communities and service agencies;
- workshops for members of the public interested in newcomer issues; and
- community consultations.
For more information or to make an appointment please contact:
Catholic Immigration Centre, Ottawa at (613) 232-9634 or by e-mail at email@example.com.